From Status Wiki
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
- Well to put it simply, there is no better way for people to collectively contribute to a growing knowledge base.
- MediaWiki was build to do just that (the fact that is does only that, is a different story...)
- It will help others, but especially future you
- It will be rewarding
- Is actually very easy to do, the leaning curve being very short
- Your boss/team may require you to do it (no arguments there)
- more reasons
Ok, but how?
- You need to create an account or (if you have one) login
- Just click the "Edit" tab and you can edit.
- Save the page and you're done.
- That's it!
But I hate wiki (syntax)
- we hear you!
- now we have the new VisualEditor in place so edits to pages can be made with absolutely 0 wiki syntax
- if you want to use pure wiki syntax you can disable the new editor from your preferences
But really, stuff can be just a biiit more complicated
- If you are part of the team and your edits are not instantly approved, please let us know in the #wiki channel on riot (we will need to add you in the
- You may need to use wiki syntax (a lot)
- You need to write on-topic
- Try to avoid HUGE articles, you can split them in smaller (and more specific) ones
- Wrap code inside "pre" or "code" tags like
some happy code
- Even better, you can wrap the code with syntax-specific tags like:
(def hello (fn  "Hello world")) -> #'user/hello (hello) -> "Hello world"
- Try to use categories and internal linking as much as possible to avoid having isolated pages (no point in them being useful, if no one knows about them)
- Some content may be based on templates so please try to keep that standard when adding that type of content
- images can be uploaded directly from the upload button in the edit toolbar
- you can user wiki languages
- videos can be embedded too
- References are greatly encouraged
- just create and edit article and others will improve them
- request any help in the #wiki channel on riot