From Status Wiki
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
- Well to put it simply, there is no better way for people to collectively contribute to a growing knowledge base.
- MediaWiki was built to do just that (the fact that it does only that - well, that's a different story...)
- It will help others, but especially, future you.
- It will be rewarding.
- It's actually very easy to do, and the learning curve is very short.
- Your boss or team may require you to do it (no arguments there).
- More reasons.
OK, but how?
- You need to create an account or (if you have one) log in
- Just click the "Edit" tab and you can edit.
- Save the page and you're done.
- That's it!
But I hate wiki (syntax)
- We hear you!
- Now we have the new VisualEditor in place so edits to pages can be made with absolutely 0 wiki syntax.
- If you want to use pure wiki syntax, you can disable the new editor from your preferences.
But really, stuff can be just a biiit more complicated
- If you are part of the team and your edits are not instantly approved, please let us know in the #wiki channel on riot (we will need to add you in the
- You may need to use wiki syntax (a lot).
- You need to write on-topic.
- Try to avoid HUGE articles - you can split them into smaller (and more specific) ones.
- Wrap code inside "pre" or "code" tags like
some happy code.
- Even better, you can wrap the code with syntax-specific tags like:
(def hello (fn  "Hello world")) -> #'user/hello (hello) -> "Hello world"
- Try to use categories and internal linking as much as possible to avoid having isolated pages (no point in them being useful, if no one knows about them).
- Some content may be based on templates, so please try to keep that standard when adding that type of content.
- Images can be uploaded directly from the upload button in the edit toolbar.
- You can use wiki languages.
- Videos can be embedded too.
- References are greatly encouraged.
- Just create and edit article and others will improve them.
- Request any help in the #wiki channel on riot.