Appium end-to-end tests for Status app
From Status Wiki
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
- Install latest (3.6+) Python https://www.python.org/downloads/
- Go to /status-react/test/appium and run
pip3 install -r requirements.txt (sudo might be required)
- Install Genymotion https://www.genymotion.com
- In Genymotion add two identical devices (Google Nexus 5 - 6.0.0 - API23 - 1080x1920)
- Install Appium http://appium.io/slate/en/master/?python#setup
- Complete only first and second step from "Additional setup for android app testing" http://appium.io/slate/en/master/?python#additional-setup-for-android-app-testing
- Start Appium (just type appium in terminal and press enter)
- Start two virtual devices and wait for them to boot
- Go to /status-react/test/appium/tests and run:
python3 -m pytest -m all -v --env=local --apk=/<path to apk>/apk_name.apk
- Running with "-m all" starts all tests, if you want to start a specific test group, you can use "-m transaction" or "-m chat" instead of "-m all". Additional groups will be added after adding more tests.